Not an original title, but I don’t always have an original thought. Hope you enjoy the rantings, ravings, and misadventures of Duke Iceland. Now, if you think Duke is my real name… stop reading now…This is my alias, my avatar, my other life, concealing my true identify as one of the Speech Dudes. I really am a SLP and have specialized in AAC for nearly 20 years, working in rehab, the public schools, at the university level, the industry, and private practice. Either I am very lucky for all my experiences, or I have one of the worst cases of professional ADHD. Personally, my feelings are this field is going through a major time of transition like it has never seen before. A new technology penetrated our field in a way that nothing has done before. It is time to weed out the good, the bad, and the ugly of what the technology can bring.
Member Networked BLogs
- For Father's Day tomorrow my younger daughter is taking me for steak and "Wonder Woman." What a little treasure she is :) 6 days ago
- RT @macphersona: The list of vanity plates the Sask. government has rejected is both unsurprising and, I am sorry to say, hilarious https:/… 2 weeks ago
- If only Alan B'Stard had been able to run in the #GE2017- he'd have claimed to have a "well-hung" parliament. ow.ly/izl430cswmY 2 weeks ago
- Cool thing about being a Brit expat in the US is that I can start watching UK Election results at 5:00 PM and it's all done by 2:00 AM ;) 2 weeks ago
- Last night 3 killed 13 injured in Chicago shooting. No global coverage for that or tweets from the president. #perspective 2 weeks ago
- So guess how this Dude is spending Memorial Day :) 3 weeks ago