Not an original title, but I don’t always have an original thought. Hope you enjoy the rantings, ravings, and misadventures of Duke Iceland. Now, if you think Duke is my real name… stop reading now…This is my alias, my avatar, my other life, concealing my true identify as one of the Speech Dudes. I really am a SLP and have specialized in AAC for nearly 20 years, working in rehab, the public schools, at the university level, the industry, and private practice. Either I am very lucky for all my experiences, or I have one of the worst cases of professional ADHD. Personally, my feelings are this field is going through a major time of transition like it has never seen before. A new technology penetrated our field in a way that nothing has done before. It is time to weed out the good, the bad, and the ugly of what the technology can bring.
Member Networked BLogs
- RT @lynneguist: Change the tests, but don’t ditch grammar grammarianism.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/cha… 1 week ago
- If I'm stopped by the police (public servants) for suspected DUI, can I now just sack them in light of what our President is allowed to do? 1 week ago
- Still a kid at heart. My latest toy, free with my Samsung S8. Already bumped into a table trying to blast starfight… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 weeks ago
- My bottle of Rare Breed bourbon is now empty. I think it evaporated. 3 weeks ago
- I take it back! My favorite dictionary app from @OxfordWords is now working on my S8. Technology - go figure! 4 weeks ago
- Since getting the Galaxy S8, my favorite dictionary app from @OxfordWords won't work. Says I have no internet. it's lying. Bummer! 4 weeks ago