Not an original title, but I don’t always have an original thought. Hope you enjoy the rantings, ravings, and misadventures of Duke Iceland. Now, if you think Duke is my real name… stop reading now…This is my alias, my avatar, my other life, concealing my true identify as one of the Speech Dudes. I really am a SLP and have specialized in AAC for nearly 20 years, working in rehab, the public schools, at the university level, the industry, and private practice. Either I am very lucky for all my experiences, or I have one of the worst cases of professional ADHD. Personally, my feelings are this field is going through a major time of transition like it has never seen before. A new technology penetrated our field in a way that nothing has done before. It is time to weed out the good, the bad, and the ugly of what the technology can bring.
Member Networked BLogs
- Bottom of the 7th for @Indians and still ahead. Time for another drink. 4 days ago
- So @Dodgers won and now watching @Indians so if they win it's been a good night ;) 4 days ago
- Stunningly well worth downloading - Niia's "I" album. Check it out on SoundCloud (esp. "Last Night in Los Feliz") ow.ly/fLRR30ewXIx 4 days ago
- Having successfully ruined baseball on TV, @espn are now ruining tennis. Just show ONE game at a time, assholes! Stop switching!! 5 days ago
- And Dude 1 (Russell) will be at #CMconf2017 for the first time in a few years! Wonder if they'll understand my accent in Leeds? 5 days ago
- Follow hashtag #CMconf2017 and @Comm_Matters to see what's happening at the conference in Leeds, UK on Sep 10-12 ow.ly/1bDt30evV73 5 days ago