Not an original title, but I don’t always have an original thought. Hope you enjoy the rantings, ravings, and misadventures of Duke Iceland. Now, if you think Duke is my real name… stop reading now…This is my alias, my avatar, my other life, concealing my true identify as one of the Speech Dudes. I really am a SLP and have specialized in AAC for nearly 20 years, working in rehab, the public schools, at the university level, the industry, and private practice. Either I am very lucky for all my experiences, or I have one of the worst cases of professional ADHD. Personally, my feelings are this field is going through a major time of transition like it has never seen before. A new technology penetrated our field in a way that nothing has done before. It is time to weed out the good, the bad, and the ugly of what the technology can bring.
Member Networked BLogs
- How Siri handles an anal fricative. I'm not sure if there's a voiced/voiceless distinction to this type of sound :) ow.ly/X3EC30ane3s 20 hours ago
- To submit or not to submit. That is the question. twitter.com/ASHA_Events/st… 1 day ago
- Didn't take long for the "send 'em home" and "keep 'em out" brigades to respond to the London attack. Sigh. Wish I knew who "them" were. 1 week ago
- For just $285 I could have a Montgrappa House Lannister fountain pen! Sadly my wife isn't as convinced ow.ly/UCb6309Ua15 2 weeks ago
- RT @etyman: City of New York: Make Wall Street's Fearless Girl Permanent - Sign the Petition! change.org/p/city-of-new-… via @Change 2 weeks ago
- RT @SpeechDudes: The "Assistive Technology Outcomes and Benefits" (ATOB) journal CALL FOR PAPERS is out. Deadline Apr 30. https://t.co/iTr1… 3 weeks ago